U.S. Embassy Recruitment for Computer Management Assistants
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Information Systems Center (ISC):
Job Title: Computer Management Assistant, FSN-8/FP-06
Open to: All interested candidates
Work Hours: Full-Time; 40 hours/week
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent serves as part of the ISC team that manages the unclassified local area network with encompass network cable management, punching and termination, software and hardware installation.
- S/he repairs UPS, management of 15 Conference Rooms to include DVC, VTC and projector setups, as well as training. Additionally; s/he acts as a primary Time Keeper and also provides administrative support to the ISC office to include computers, printers and mobile devices inventory management.
- S/he reports regularly to the Senior Computer Management Specialist and also to the Information Systems Officer and Information Management Officer as required.
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Two years of University studies is required.
- Technical training in computer hardware, application software, database development and maintenance, is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the computer field, with emphasis on Microsoft Windows, System Maintenance, Network Cabling and Microsoft Application Product is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of computer equipment operations management, local and wide area network operations is required.
- Knowledge of hardware and software acquisition procedures, computer troubleshooting and repairs is required.
- Ability to communicate and interact with personnel within the Mission, quickly adapt to new technology and assist with network planning is required.
How to ApplyHiring Preference Selection Process
- When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application.
- Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran mus