MainOne Cable Nigeria Vacancy for a Transmission Operations Engineer
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Operations Engineer
Reporting Line: Manager, Transmission Implementation & 3rd Level Support
- The TX Ops Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations of the MainOne terrestrial network comprising of network elements such as Huawei OSN series, Dragon Wave HC & HC+ and ECI equipment within and outside Lagos metropolis.
In addition, the job holder will be responsible for the following:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of 1st and 2nd level network related problems.
- Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact to the global communications.
- Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
- Participate in managing projects introduced by engineering team assuring full implementation and documentation standards are adhered to. Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
- Able to interpret, review and implement PDH and SDH networks designs from the core network planning team.
- Respond to and resolve SDH & MW networks issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements.
- Review and execute RPRs (re-provision requests) on DragonWave HC+, Huawei OSN series (especially OSN3500,OSN500 & OSN8800) and ECI box (BG-20 & BG-30) platforms with minimal supervision.
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
- Ensure that Main One’s global and metro fiber network documentation is always accurate and up to date.
- You will be required to work closely with the NOC team, the Technical Sales team and the rest of the Network Planning and Implementation team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Electrical/Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- At least 3 years post NYSC work experience in the configuration,operations and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- May be required to travel out of station.
- Maybe required to work weekends.
- A working knowledge of microwave transmission and must have undergone a mid-level training in optical and wireless networks with focus on SDH/PDH/IP transmission standards/protocols and their applications.
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and AutoCAD Designs.
- Ability to use E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer and other signal testing tools/instrument without supervision.
- Time management skills.
- Team work abilities.
- Basic understanding of quality of service and network management concepts with respect to transmission networks is a must.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian telecommunication market and/or experience working in a telecommunications environment
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Solid foundation in electronics theory.
- Demonstrated mastery of telecommunication industry standards, dimensioning transmission network element systems, ITU, and ANSI/ETSI etc