Latest Job at International Organization for Migration (IOM) for an Information Management Officer
International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and
orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Requisition: VN 2017/123
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of The Senior Programme Coordinator (ER) and in close coordination with the DTM Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for all Information Management aspects of all IOM
- Emergency response programming implementation in Nigeria with main implementation and improvement of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix programme (DTM) components including the Baseline Area/Location Assessment, Site Assessment, and Biometric Registration for IDPs.
- As instructed, establish and supervise design of database system upgrade, web portals and interoperability procedures for exchange of DTM data and dissemination to interested parties.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support relevant methodological, operational and technological solutions relating to the DTM implementation.
- Review the information products including statistical reports, maps and other products.
- Develop and implement proper backup / restore, data validation and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Supervise the IM team staff and implementing partners including preparation of adequate TORs and contractual arrangements.
- Prepare and organize training for local implementing partners IM staff.
- Secure consistently available computer services, support training and maintenance of all computer systems used for information database systems.
- Ensure the provision of timely, accurate and adequate information to all relevant stakeholders regarding needs, movements and new displacements. Compile and distribute to key stakeholders daily, weekly and monthly update as required.
- Review and approve the technical specification of all related technology and service provision to meet the programme needs and standards. Including the organization of Key information collection activities that includes sample surveys and other ad hoc survey and profiling activities.
- Ensure information management tools and operational frameworks for data collection are properly designed and implemented.
- Ensure the integration of protection and gender perspectives (vulnerable groups) within the programme activities.
- Support in reporting and analyzing data for donors and stakeholders, assuring data consistency, giving statistic information and mapping of collected data.
- Support IOM partners such as governmental services in data management and reporting with training and technical support.
- Actively participate in relevant interagency meetings (UN, I/NGOs, other partners), including cluster/sector, working groups and regional meetings and follow up on resulting action points and recommendations; share meetings minutes with IOM Nigeria team and other relevant units/colleagues.
- Represent IOM at meetings and events where IM programme components are being discussed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Science, Information Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge on disaster risk management is required;
- Experience and abilities using two or more of Relational Database Management Systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL , Postgresql, Oracle are a definite advantage;
- Experience and abilities using Geographical Information Systems such as Geodatabases, ArcGIS software, and other operational mapping tools;
- Experience working in international organizations, humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
- Experience in project management and implementation;
- Experience in training data collectors working in camps and host communities;
- Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database a distinct advantage;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (e.g. migrant registration, censuses, household surveys);
- Experience in management and coordination of humanitarian assessments, Information Management, especially Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM);
- Working experience in the region is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – Works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – Contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – Develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – Identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.