Latest Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) for a Research Technician III
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we
improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician III
Recruitment Type: National (3 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout regeneration and rescue of seed lots on the field and screen house to improve the quality of research
- Carry out characterization and evaluation of seeds crop;
- Participate in planting operation in the outstation seed regeneration activities;
- Coordinate casual Coordinate casual labor and consultants to carry out regeneration and characterization activities on the field and screen house;
- Organize day to day activities on regeneration and virus indexing of seeds crops.
- Coordinate Planting, spraying of herbicides and insecticides;
- Collect and enter research data using appropriate research tools
- Coordinate labor recruitment, time keeping and supervise casual worker during field activities;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Crop production, General Agriculture or related field
- At least Six (6) years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be computer literate and have good sense of cleanliness.
- Have good research activity knowledge
- Have good safety precaution techniques.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment
Application Deadline: 15th June, 2017.